What Is E-Light Laser Hair Removal?
E- Light is short name for Elos- (Electro-optical Synergy)
E-light (IPL+RF) combines three advanced technologies:
- Bipolar Radio Frequency
- Skin Contact Cooling
When the three are united in one treatment, you will see the results. Elos is the first and only technology that combines the power of both IPL (Intense Pulse Light) and RF (radio frequency energy).
E-LIGHT is the next generation of technology which combines the advantages of IPL and radiofrequency (electromagnetic waves) for permanent hair reduction for all skin and hair colors (dark, grey and blond), showing good results with no side-effects.
Radiofrequency is independent of melanin and thus independent of skin type. That means that through radiofrequency we have a much higher possibility to remove light gray and red hair, permanently, which is not possible by IPL technology only.
How Does It Work?
Skin and hair pigment melanin absorbs light at a
specific wavelength and heats up. Due to the difference in color between hair
and skin, the heat of the light will be directly transferred to the hair root
and are thus prevented from growing. The hair follicle is obliterated, the hair
cannot regrow. Still IPL cannot succeed in a single session to get a complete
depilation. At the time of a treatment about 20 to 30 percent of hair are in
growing phase. As only in the growing phase the root is “visible” to the IPL,
several treatments are carried out according to body region and re-crowing
intensity in 2 to 12 weeks intervals in order to achieve permanent hair
As with the IPL and laser hair removal works best on dark hair, white or very blond hair can be treated with E-Light.
Are The Results Permanent?
Yes, you will notice significant hair reduction on all skin and hair types: provided that you follow through with the full course of treatment per our assessment. Some hair removal experts feel that laser removal may not work on 1-5% of patients.
What Has To Be Done Before Starting Laser Hair Removal?
- You cannot wax, tweeze, thread or have electrolysis for 4-6 weeks before a treatment. To manage hair between appointments, please shave or trim. The goal is not to remove hair as we would have to wait for it to fully regenerate; try to just keep it cropped close to the skin. We need to see 2 to 3 days visible stubble of hair growth at minimum so that we can see the coverage area of the hair.
- No use of light-sensitive drugs (antibiotics, St. John's wort, etc.)
- Optimally, the hair should be 24-48 hours before shaved
- At least 2 - 3 weeks before a treatment: No solarium and no sauna!
What To Do After You Have A Laser Hair Removal Session?
- There is very little if any recovery time, though you may have some redness following a treatment, this may last between one and eight hours
- For 24 hours after your treatment you should avoid heat treatments, saunas and direct sun exposure, we recommend using sun block on exposed areas. You should allow around 14-20 days for the hairs to fall out following your treatments, you can aid this process by exfoliating.
- Several days after a treatment you should use no cosmetic products on the treated areas (shower gel, deodorant, makeup, creams...).
- To avoid irritation also sports activities has to be stopped for some days.
- It is recommended during the complete treatment period to refrain from sunbaths.
We recommend performing the treatments during the autumn and winter
Usually 6 sessions are needed for the average person and for very severe cases it can sometimes take up to 8 - 10 sessions until you are finally freed from the razor.
Note: Damage to the skin, like rapid skin aging, skin cancer, etc. like after long sunbathing is not possible because the impulse light contains no UV light.